To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Monday, April 13, 2009

Musing Monday (April 13)

Musing Monday is hosted by Rebecca from Just One more Page.
Today's musing is the following:

How do you respond to the comments on your blog? Do you try to email individually or comment on post yourself answering the comments above? What do you think is the best way to respond to comments and do you respond to all of them? Do you feel slighted if you don't receive a response back from the blog owner? (question courtesy of Jenn) {Hey that's me!}



I have been struggling with this for some time now. I read every comment, and would love to respond back to everyone, even if it is just to say thanks. I receive all comments in my email, so I usually try to respond individually. Unfortunately, not all commenters have their email address set up with their profile or account, or they have have it hidden. Then if I reply by commenting on the post, I feel like it may seem I'm only responding to some and not everyone.



When I comment on a blog, I don't expect a response back, unless I ask a question. I know people are busy and all that. I also don't subscribe to the comments because my inbox is plenty full as it is. I just try to remember to go back and check the post.



So, I'm starting to think the best way might be to comment on my posts. This way no one will feel slighted.



How about you? What are your thoughts?

10 comments:

zetor said...

I love comments but couldn't reply to all, there is not enough time so I only reply if an answer is necessary.

Dawn- She is Too Fond of Books said...

I reply to most comments left, by leaving a comment on the post at my blog.

I don't reply to comments on giveaway posts, and I let the guest blogger respond to comments left on a guest post.

I will email the commenter if my answer/response is something more personal that I don't want to leave in cyberspace :)

Beth F said...

You leave an all-encompassing comment on your own blog, along the lines of "Thanks everyone!" That'd be ok.

Bonnie said...

It is such a balance and after reading many of the Musing posts I'm realizing it's a challenge for everyone. I also try to comment on my blog comments but tend to answer more individually unless it's a "great review". It may be that I have to make sure that if I don't answer them all that if I make sure to visit and comment on those blogs that comment on mine.

Darlene said...

It's hard keeping up to comments, that's for sure. I don't think people should have their email addresses hidden either especially if they're leaving comments. As I said in my post I didn't even realize I could respond that way until a while ago. lol.

Jenners said...

I'm with you in preferring to respond via e-mail. I can't see how people can remember to go back and check comment sections -- especially if you read a whole bunch of blogs! I hope you got some great answers to your question today! It was a good one!

Nise' said...

Great question. I try to respond to direct questions and if I leave a question I leave my email to make it easier for a response, but don't feel bad if I don't receive one.

Anonymous said...

I pondered at this question a lot when I was an inchoate blogger. I wish to be able to reply to all the comments, given that the comments are open-ended. I also want to acknowledge all my readers and not to make them feel they are ignored. The etiquette of dealing with comments also lead to a bigger question of when and how to link a blog. Anyway, I appreciate your taking time to share your thoughts on my blog. :)

Robin M said...

Jenn - dropping back in to say thank you for coming up with this question. It prompted some great conversation and was very educational. Thank you. :)

Robin

Arleigh said...

Sometimes I am awful about getting back to people and visiting their blogs. I get precious little time to be online because I have a small baby and I honestly forget. So sometimes I'll just sit down and go through as many sites as I can and comment (like today). I've taken a leaf out of Lucy's book and started commenting on my posts. It's easier that way.

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)