To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chunkster Challenge 2011


I have seen this around the interwebs for some time, and I have always thought about joining.  Now is the finally my time.  This challenge is hosted by Wendy at the Chunkster Reading Challenge Blog, and the rules are as follows:

Definition of a Chunkster:


A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature (fiction or nonfiction) ... A chunkster should be a challenge.

If you read large type books your book will need to be 525 pages or more ... The average large type book is 10-15% longer or more so I think that was a fair estimate.

The Rules:

*No Audio books in the chunkster. It just doesn't seem right. Words on paper for this one folks.

*No e-Books allowed - we are reading traditional, fat books for this challenge.

*Short Stories and Essay collections will not be counted.

*Books may crossover with other challenges

*Anyone may join. If you don't have a blog, just leave me a comment on this post with your progress (and to let me know you are playing)

*You don't need to list your books ahead of time.

*Once you pick a level, that's it...you're committed to that level!

So the level I'm picking is the Chubby Chunkster, which is defined as "for the reader who wants to dabble in large tomes, but really doesn't want to commit to much more than that. FOUR Chunksters is all you need to finish this challenge. "

I can definitely do 4 chunksters.  I plan on reading Bleak House, don't I?

Thanks to Nan from Nan's Corner of the Web for posting about this contest and thus enticing me to join :)

Please visit the sign-up page if you feel like joining.  Come on!  Whatcha waiting for??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Queen By Right  by AE Smith  484 pages