To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Monday, January 2, 2012

Reading Goals for 2012

accomplish,ambitious,butterflies,careers,clouds,concepts,destiny,fotolia,freedom,goals,opportunities,steps,success,teams,visions

Seems so ominous doesn't it?  It's not.  I start every year with grand plans but half way through the year, I get side tracked.  I start accepting all kinds of review books, borrowing books from the library, and neglecting those poor books that I own.  You know, the books on my shelves, the books in the corner of my room, the books hidden in a bag in the closet.  Oh and did I mention the drawer full of books I have at work. From an empty office, I re-appropriated a nice, deep two drawer filing cabinet.  One drawer has work files, the other is books, mostly unread by me.  I have issues, I know.

Therefore, I am declaring 2012, the Year of Reading From My Shelves, or Nooks and Crannies if you prefer.  I will still read some review and library books, but am setting limitations for both categories.

Review and library books will not exceed 15 for the year, starting as of January 1, 2012.  Currently I have 7 of those spots filled, so I'll have to be super selective with the remaining 8.  An additional limitation for my library borrowing, is that any books I borrow, must be from a series I haven't finished, like the Percy Jackson series.  I've been thinking lately of how many series I have started and never finished.  I became mad at myself, because these are series I would love to finish, but if I keep accepting books, I'll never get to them.

With respect to challenges, I am saying No.  No reading challenges for 2012.  I keep signing up for these things, mainly because they have a pretty picture.  Then I forget to keep track, or don't have books that will fit, and I don't complete the challenge.  I  must stop the madness.

As usual, my yearly goals of timely reviews, improving my commenting, responding, visiting blogs, etc. is an ongoing process.  I improve every year, but could always do better.

As for personal goals, I'd really like to lose 20 pounds (who wouldn't), be a better person and more accepting of others, and try new things, like making my own bread.  I try to eat right, or at least semi-healthy, and I love my bread.  But trying to find a healthy bread option that doesn't cost an arm or a leg is near impossible.  So, I thought if I could make my own bread, like whole wheat, I would be better off.  Keep you posted on that.

I also want to explore writing.  It's not something I can do all the time, but when I'm in the right frame of mind, I can just go on and on.  I would like to explore new outlets, learn new things, and generally do whatever I want to do.  Simplify, improve myself, and be happy.

Apologies for turning this into a rambley post, but it appears these items are all related.  Books are a big part of my life, and my reading goals tend to mirror my overall general life goals. So 2012 is like a back to basics year, and I hope you enjoy the ride with me.

Do you have any specific goals for 2012, reading or personal?  I'd love to hear them :)


Book Source: © Jenny Girl - 2012 "All Rights Reserved"