To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What's up Wednesday




What’s up Wednesday

(a new thingy I’m trying out)

Hey everybody! How are you? I hope this finds you well. The weather is gorgeous right now! Night and day compared to last week. I have been trying to make the Suddenly Sunday posts, but my schedule has changed and I now work on Sundays. Stinky I know, but we do what we must. By the time I get home on Sunday, the last thing I want to do is stare a screen and use a mouse. It’s easier for me to do personal posts during the week, hence What’s Up Wednesday? Also, truth be told, Molly’s recent post about having an event on your blog has had me thinking, so I figured this would be a good way to kill two birds with one stone. I can either post something personal, or discuss a subject that bugs or interests me, or really just post about anything. And then when I get time again, I can go back to Suddenly Sunday, and use What’s Up Wednesday For anything my little heart desires.

So what have I been up to lately? Not much aside from reading, working, sweating and going to the gym. This weather doesn’t inspire me to do much outside of that. As for reading, I have been quite selective in what accept for I review, leading to less pressure to get books read and reviewed. Unfortunately instead of reading my own books, I ended up requesting a few from the library, and now I’m trying to get through those. Two library books didn’t work for me so I returned them quickly. I’ll do a combined DNF post on them. I also wanted to read a Classic before Labor Day for the Classic Bribe but that’s not going to happen, so now my goal is to read it by the end of the year.

I am in a “clean up” kind of mood in many aspects of my life right now: the house, my knitting, my book reading, my desk at work, etc. so with regards to reading, I’m setting a schedule for myself. For October I am going to concentrate on creepy reads and after that it will be East of Eden by Steinbeck. I WILL read this book by the end of the year. I have other books I would like to “clean up” and read until then. At least this way I will feel as though I accomplished a few of my goals for this year’s Reading Resolutions.

That’s What’s Up with me right now. Next time I will try and post a picture of a knitting project I finished. I can’t get a goods photo of it, and that’s the hold up.

What’s up with you today? Anything exciting or that you want to share? Feel free to answer in the comments or leave a link.