To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Teaser Tuesday (Nov. 17)


Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Miz B from Should Be Reading.

The rules are as follows:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers

I have two this week, and both books are different yet similar in that they are about children growing up.

"Where are we?" I asked, my voice echoing as if through a thousand invisible hallways.
"We're in the seven heavens," she replied. (She being the author's mother)

pg. 71 Children of Dust, by Ali Eteraz


Luke sat alone at a booth, facing away but I could see him stealing glances in the mirror. I have to admit I loved the feeling I got when I knew it bothered him to see me with Ben.
pg. 134 The Recipe Club, by Israel and Garfinkel

For more teasers stop by here.

13 comments:

Bluestocking said...

Jealously! I remember those days. Here is mine

Marce said...

Awww the games of love. Nice teaser.

Here is mine

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/11/teaser-tuesday-weight-of-silence.html

Harvee said...

Two interesting teasers! Here's My tease.

BurtonReview said...

Interesting teasers! Thanks for sharing both. I am intrigued on the storyline of the first.
And I can relate in my petty girlish way to the second, unfortunately.

Alayne said...

Both of these are good teasers. I did two as well. Here's my link: http://thecrowdedleaf.wordpress.com/2009/11/17/teaser-tuesday-double-or-nothin/

Jennifer said...

Excellent teasers. I read the first book, but not he second. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/11/joy-teaser-tuesdays.html

Staci said...

Loved your teaser!!

Unknown said...

Both teasers are very intriguing. I'm not sure I'll like the character in The Recipe Club who likes bothering Luke! Chidren of thre Dust is captivating!
Thank you!

Teddyree said...

Great teasers, I love the sound of Children of the Dust.

Allison Vaughn said...

Ooh they both sound really good! Especially the first one. :) Great teasers!

Allison
- My Teaser

Darlene said...

Great teasers Jen. I've been wondering about Children of the Dust. Are you liking it? I do believe I have The Recipe Club somewhere. I'd better look - I like that teaser.

Lisa said...

nice

here's mine

CeeCee said...

They both sound like interesting reads. I'm feeling a bit edgy today, so I'd begin with the second book.

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)