To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Reflections (Nov. 8)


Hey All!
How are you? Hope this finds you all well. What a crazy week it has been in my neck of the woods. First off, my Phightin' Phillies lost in the World Series. It was sad, but considering their pitching was shaky to start the playoff with, one can't complain. If they would have lost to ANYONE else besides the Yankees, I wouldn't have minded so much. Such as life.

I am sure you have heard about Philadelphia's current mass transit strike. Yes, they went on strike at 3:00 am, so that people woke up the next day, and stood at the corner waiting for a bus, that was never going to come. If you didn't see the news in the morning, then you had no clue. I could go on and on, but I won't. Lets just say, this is a union town, and there is no sympathy for this union. I work for a health care system and even I pay for health benefits, so why shouldn't you contribute something? Oh yes, and my 401k is in the toilet too, what makes you're pension more special?

Anyway...even though the strike is putting a damper on my reading time, I am getting a lot accomplished. At least I think so. Getting some books read, have some reviews to type up and post. And, my 1st Blogaversary is coming. YEA! That means a contest of some sort for you! Sometime this week, I'll post about it.

So I'm currently reading:
* King by Right of Might and Blood by Anna Walls Good story by a first time author and publisher.
* The Recipe Club by Israel and Garfinkel I read a few pages of this here and there because its a series of letters back and forth between friends. Very easy to just pick up and read.

Reviews to be typed and/or posted:
* Perfect Timing by Jill Mansell A deliciously cute and funny novel set in London. (Did I just say that?)
* A Circle of Souls by Preetham Grandhi Quick thrilling read that makes you think a bit.


Well that's about it for for now. Hope your week past and week ahead are all that you hope them to be. Happy reading and try not to work too hard this week.
Talk to you later :)

7 comments:

Staci said...

You're reading a few books that I have copies of also...looking forward to The Recipe Club and A Circle of Souls...

My husband's company has done away with their pension plan as of last week. People bet wise up and pay attention because a lot of these "added perks" are going to be a thing of the past!!

Sorry about the Phillies!!

Nise' said...

I had to turn off the baseball game as I just could not watch the Yankees win.

Did not hear about the mass transit strike, probably because of the two shootings this past week.

Have a great week.

Jenn M. said...

My husband watched the World Series in an attempt to figure out what the hell baseball is all about. His british mind only allows for football aka soccer, cricket, and rugby.

Jo-Jo said...

I've read quite a few good reviews of A Circle of Souls, so I will be looking forward to your review of that one.

Missy B. said...

You've been splashed!!

There is an award waiting for you at my blog:

http://missysbooknook.blogspot.com/2009/11/mermaid-splash-award.html

bermudaonion said...

I've lived through mass transit strikes, so you have my sympathy.

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

A passion expressed well, thanks for sharing. I'll be sure to visit again now I've found your charming blog.
All the very best.

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)