To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday Reflections (Nov. 22)



Well like everyone else, I also can't believe this week is Thanksgiving. Where does the time go? When I reflect back, I know the time flew by, but still, so quickly? At least we still have today, or whatever is left.

This was a pretty productive week for me, both at home and work. Busy reading Children of Dust and The Recipe Club. Two very different books but much needed diversity. Finished Children of Dust and will have a review sometime this week. It's a memoir, so it's out of my comfort zone but very good nonetheless.

Started Defenders of the Scroll the other evening. So far so good, but I'm only 20 pages in. It's a kids book, or more accurately a young adult book. Cover reminds of Saturday morning cartoons from the 80's, like Super Friends or something. Or He-Man, it's the Castle Grey Skull that is familiar.







I also announced a new challenge I am hosting next year, 2010 Reading Resolutions Challenge. You can read all about it here. I also have a contest for a copy of My Unfair Lady, starting next Monday the 30th, and I will celebrating my first Bloggaversary with a contest as well. That's coming up in early December. So there is a lot going on around here at the end of the year.

Have a good week everyone and enjoy your holiday :)

6 comments:

Book Dragon said...

I have all three of these books on my TBR/reviewed pile. I'm looking forward to your review.

bermudaonion said...

Where has the year gone. I hope to read The Recipe Club soon.

Staci said...

I finished The Recipe Club and really enjoyed it. Later this week I'll be reading Children of the Dust. I missed your challenge so I'm going to have to check it out!!

The Bookworm said...

I'll be reading The Recipe Club soon too.
I used to watch He-Man :)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Jenny Girl said...

Naida: Me too! my little brother was a big fan. I always liked when She-ra stopped by. Girl power :)

Staci: I think I double posted or something in one day.

BookDragon and Bermuda: Recipe Club is cute and there are some intersting recipes I will try eventually.

Anonymous said...

Any post that takes me back to Saturday mornings watching the Superfriends is a great one. And you even included a picture! I always thought it would be fun to be the girl twin.

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)