To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Suddenly Sunday (Feb. 13)

Hosted by Svea from Confessions and Ramblings of a Muse in the Fog

Hello dear readers!  I hope this Sunday finds you well and enjoying your current reads.  This last week started out nice and easy and then got down right crazy.  I know say that quite often, but the craziness was due to my Dad this time.  He finally got his kidney transplant!!!!!!  We are super ecstatic and over the moon and when I think about it I start tearing up.  Dad has been on dialysis and the organ waiting list for 7 years.  The past 6 months have been pretty tough on him too.  More bad days than good, although he takes everything in stride.  He has been lucky in the respect that his health is generally good except for the bum kidneys, and he hasn't had any major complications from dialysis, like blood stream infections and the like.

So far so good, everything is working, and hopefully he will be able to stop dialysis for good.  He had the surgery Friday, but received the call Thursday morning, so we have been loopy since then.  He looks better everyday and we actually about to go visit him now.  So please keep him in your good thoughts and prayers so that everything will work out.

In reading news, I am currently reading 3 books.  Maisie Dobbs which is a mystery but something I can leave and come back to with no worries.  Someone Else's Garden which is good, but sad and depressing, so I can only read it in spurts.  It is due for review on the 24th, so I am going to try and finish as much as I can.  No promises though.

Lastly, I am reading the Arrow Chest, which is good so far, except I have been too tired to read a lot.  I tried to tuck into it last night before bed, but sadly the words were running together.  Too tired.  but I'm rested today, so I plan to read some more tonight.  I think Victorian England is the perfect setting for this story. 

Otherwise, not much going on and I think that's good for now.

So what are you currently reading?  Anything good or recommendable?

Hope you have a lovely Sunday and wonderful week.  Chat with you guys later :)