To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Monday, July 27, 2009

Musing Monday (July 27)

Musing Monday is hosted by Rebecca from Just One More Page.
Today's musing is the following:
Do you have an account with an online book database site (LibraryThing, Shelfari, GoodReads etc)? If so, do you have a preference? Do you use it for - your own record keeping? finding new books to read? social networking?

I do actually. I have an account with GoodReads and Shelfari. (Jennygirl on both) Unfortunately I have been completely slacking in updating them, like everything else lately :)

I originally started Good Reads to keep track of all the books I ever read. I just started adding books when I thought of them, not caring about dates or anything. I knew I read a lot of books in the past, and I thought it would be interesting to try and remember all of them. Believe it or not if I see a cover I can usually remember if I read it. Can't remember people's names, but we all have our weaknesses.

Then I started my book blog. My blog and the ones I read are my social networking outlets. I'm not a big chatter, like on Twitter or Facebook, but if you email me I'll reply, 9/10 times. I discover new books almost anywhere, Good Reads, blogs, emails. If I like it I add it to my TBR list.

With respect to record keeping, I have recently come to realize how important it is. You think I would know already, because I work with information on a daily basis. I also know the importance of correct and proper record keeping. But no, I have not kept good records thus far. I hope to rectify this soon. At least I'll know better for 2010.
So what about you, dear blog reader? Do you utilize Good Reads, Shelfari, etc.?

9 comments:

Alaine said...

Hi Jenny, like you I use Goodreads to keep track of the books I read now and the ones I've read in the past and I add them as I remember them. My blog is a personal record of my reading and reminds me of what was going on in my life when I was reading various books. I love having an easy way to keep those records now. I also think reviewing your books helps you recall the story later on.

Susan said...

I'm a GoodReads gal :)

Here is my answer.

caite said...

I am a huge fan of Library Thing myself...as you can see in my answer

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I stopped updating any of mine. Here is mine mine

Unknown said...

I have taken a liking to Shelfari. I started using it just to keep track of what I read from the time I started my blog. I try to update it everytime I finish a book, but it doesn't always work that way.

Lucy said...

Hi:) I think I'm like you on this..I'm up at a few places and visit quite regularly- but nothing like blogging. I think that's where |Ikeep up with everything and all my favourite blogs to read. Thanks:)

bermudaonion said...

I'm on Good Reads and Library Thing and use Library Thing the most.

Teddyree said...

I'm a fan of goodreads, I started on Goodreads to list the books I'd read and the ones I own so I'd stop buying duplicates lol
I still use Goodreads extensively but I love my blog for reviews and staying in touch with blogging friends

Oxycodone said...

I like it when people come together and share many thoughts. Great website, continue the Excellent work!

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)