To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Teaser Tueday (July 7)

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Miz B from Should Be Reading.
The rules are as follows:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


"I'm glad that you approve. I daren't face the healthy person-for example, Freddy Honeychurch."
"Oh Freddy's a good sort, isn't he?"

"Admirable. The sort who has made England what she is."


pg. 105, A Room with a View by E. M. Forster


My first Forster book. I did not realize he had written some other famous books, such as Where Angels Fear To Tread and Howard's End. I may have to pick those up someday.

What are you teasing me with today?

14 comments:

Literature Crazy said...

Today must be the day for teasers from classics; I posted from Middlemarch.

Blaize said...

Oh, I loved that book! (loved the movie, too) Thanks for the link, Jenny Girl.

Anonymous said...

E.M.Forster's works have made out pretty well in the transition to film.

Wendi said...

Great teaser - I read that one a while back and really liked it.

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Anonymous said...

It's been a few years since I read Forster. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

A lovely book - thank you for the reminder!

Anna Elliott said...

Great teaser! I've never read any Forster--utterly shameful as that is for an English Lit major to have to admit!

Thanks so much for adding me to your blog list, by the way--that was really lovely of you!

Unknown said...

I haven't read any by that author. My teaser is on my blog http://themaidenscourt.blogspot.com/2009/07/teaser-tuesday.html.

Staci said...

Sounds like Freddy is a good chap!!
Great teaser!

Darlene said...

I haven't read anything by this author. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the book.

Jess said...

A Room With a View is one of my faves -- enjoy!

Harvee said...

I think I must have read this years ago, but can't for the life of me remember the plot. Time to revisit it!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to say I've never read anything by Forster.

Sex Power Pill said...

I like it when people come together and share many thoughts. Great website, continue the Excellent work!

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)