To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Guest Post by Tomi Akinyanmi, author of A Worthy Legacy


I am very proud to present this guest post by Tomi Akinyanmi author of A Worthy Legacy. My review of her book is here.
Please give her a warm welcome and enjoy reading!

The recent death of Michael Jackson, once again made me realize how important it is that we leave a worthy legacy when our time is up on this side of life. For the past two weeks, people across the US and all over the world have mourned the passing of this legend. Millions of fans rushed to witness his memorial service and those who could not be there physically, stayed glued to the TV to watch.

From the age of 5, Michael began to make his impact on the world. Until his death, his humanitarian efforts as well as his contribution to the music industry was exemplary. He had a passion for perfection and this was evident in everything about him. I heard on CNN the other day that over a span of 38 years, Michael managed to have a record number of hit songs. It is said that Michael was a pioneer when it came to the world of music videos. The way he helped other musicians develop their potential and his love for his children are outstanding. Indeed this man no matter the controversies surrounding his life has left a worthy legacy.

Following the story of Michaels’ passing on TV, radio as well as the internet, I can’t help but marvel at the way one man has managed to reach across gender, race, beliefs, generations, physical boundaries and such to touch hearts of people all across the world. But this also has made me realize just how much I have to strive at pursuing the things that really matter.

It may be said that Michael was a loner or an eccentric but here is something I have come to believe about him; in his own way, Michael Jackson pursued the real treasures. As I reflected on what has been said about him by the people close to him and when I saw his young daughter cry for him on live TV, I thought to myself where one man who did make a difference in our world. It doesn’t matter what anyone says about him now, but it is true that the world is a better place because Michael Jackson had been in it. Take sometime to pause now and think about this, what kind of difference have you made in this world? When you do depart, what would people say? If you do not like the answers you get, then it’s time to start to make a change. Remember, it's never too late to make a difference.


Thank you Tomi for taking the time to stop by and for sharing your thoughts.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great guest post! I love the end. What difference have I made is one question we should all strive to answer every day.

Jenny Girl said...

I couldn't agree more Stacy! I hope to leave a legacy of kindnes, fairness, and respect to others. That's how I treat people I know and meet so hopefully they do the same.
Thanks for stopping by :)

Toni said...

Fantastic post.

Our little stamp on the world is all we have to offer...what can we do to make a difference?

In Michael's words..

"if you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make the change."

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feature Jenny. Toni I like the way you put it "time stamp". That's a good way to look at it.

Staci said...

It really never is too late to make a difference...lovely post and lots to think about. I truly want to read this book. Thank you for a wonderful guest post today!!

Teddyree said...

Lovely guest post, I really enjoyed reading Tomi's thoughts, and I'm looking forward to the 14th when this inspirational author visits my blog.

Angela said...

Great post, I really enjoyed it.

bermudaonion said...

Great guest post. It made me stop and reflect on life.

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)