To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Everything Austen Challenge


I know, I know, but it's Jane Austen! I can't resist and it would be a travesty if I did.
I discovered this challenge at Darlene's place, Peeking Between the Pages, and then saw my friend Marie from The Burton Review was also participating. Haven't had a chance to check out any others yet.

The Everything Austen Challenge is being hosted by Stephanie from Stephanie's Written Word. It will run for six months (July 1, 2009 – January 1, 2010)! So doable.

Pick six Austen related activities to do during this time period. The activities can be read any of the original books, various sequels or other Austen related books that are out there. Watch some of the wonderful movie versions of Austen books. {Masterpiece did a brilliant job with these last year.} There is the Lost in Austen T.V. show. The possibilities are truly endless!
Books can count for multiple challenges.

So here is my list of six Austen related items:
  1. The Plight of the Darcy Brothers, by Marsha Altman (who will be guest posting here in August)
  2. This is my review and here is the interview post

  3. Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler (her first book was excellent)


  4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen followed the movie version, 1995 BBC (Oh Colin!) Review of the movie is here.

  5. Persuasion by Jane Austen


  6. What Would Jane Austen do? by Laurie Brown

  7. I have another book at home but the name is escaping me at the moment

So that's it for now. Why don't you pick yourself up an Austen and come join us? It's sure to be lots of fun :)

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for joining my challenge!! I read The Darcys and The Bingleys last year and really enjoyed it!

Angela said...

Good luck with your challenge.

And thanks for stopping by my blog.

Darlene said...

Yaaaaaaahoooo. I'm so glad you're joining in!

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Thanks for your comment on my review!

Oh, I want to join in with this now I've seen it, it looks fun!

It's late now but I will have to come back tomorrow and check it out further -- but sadly I have to sleep!

Take care,

Sassy
:)
Oh, and check out my new giveaways!

Nise' said...

I am going to listen to P & P this year. Will have to check out What Would Jane Austen Do?

Jenn M. said...

Oooooh I might have to join in this one! I've seen links to it on several blogs. I love Jane Austen. I have not seen many of the movies and TV specials...and some of the books about Jane Austen sound very interesting to me.

Does Pride and Prejudice and Zombies count? HeHEHEe! I keep seeing that on the NY bestsellers list and I have to shake my head in shame every time. "The classic story retold with ultra-violent zombie mayhem" Hrm...

Blodeuedd said...

Would love to join you, but really shouldn't. I have so much to read. But if I were to, then I would read all her works since I have only read P&P

Good luck

Jess said...

What Would Jane Austen Do is a fun read -- I hope you enjoy it.

Lucy said...

HI:) I've seen this challenge posted at all my favourite places too (which includes yours of course:) so now..it seems I just Must..I'll get my act together before the end of the week and join officially. Seems like this is just one that cannot be passed up:) Thanks!

Mae said...

Good selection. It's quite unbelievable how many spin-off Austen products there are! I think if Austen herself knew she'll be writing a satire herself! A friend once gave me 'Jane Austen's Guide to Dating'. Interesting...

vvb32 reads said...

Hi fellow Everything Austen participant,
Please come to the Pemberley Ball

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)