To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

LOST Thoughts: "Final Chapter" and "LAX"



I am so glad this show is back! Except for the commercials...my goodness ABC! I know you have to pay the bills but come on. Oh don't you worry, I'll be Tivoing this in the future.

So here are my random thoughts and observations from last night:

The ultimate story line is good versus evil, with Jacob being good. Whether he and the smoke monster (Evil) are fallen angels, God and the Devil, or just plain old good versus evil thing, Evil needed the body of someone who died off the island, in order to leave the island, a la John Locke. Convoluted, I know, but that's the only way it works out for me. That makes Sayid the new Jacob. (The Last Supper photo is starting to make sense now)

Ben is pooping his pants and freaking out. He has just realized he has been had by Evil, and I think will try to atone for his actions.

I think if you are able to leave the island, you should, because that's it. There is no return to civilization and then come back to rescue your friends. Our Losties are all stuck there now. The island travels through different dimensions or realities. I attribute these thoughts to my good friend Dr. Who. His theory of time not being linear, but happening all at once, and the theory of other dimensions or realities makes these scenarios plausible.

Yes, it worked, according to poor Juliet. (Who I did not need to see die again. Poor Sawyer!) Their original selves, because remember when they were time traveling they almost ran into them, never crashed on the island and were able to land in LAX. That's why they showed the island submerged under water, like Atlantis. No, I can't even begin to think on that theory. In another reality the plane never crashed.

So, what's up with the island? It's meant to be a sort of prison for Evil, with Jacob guarding him and having occasional assistants, like the survivors of the crash or the Temple people. (What? More mysterious people?) People who stumbled upon the island, either learn how to manipulate it, like Dharma, or get stuck there, like our returning Losties.

Now I could be completely off base, but that's how I make it make sense to me. I'm sure next week it will be something completely different, but it sure is a hell of ride, isn't it? One more thing, what's up with the Egyptian angle? I am dying to know what that is all about.

So what did you think? Stop by the LOST Challenge blog to see what other people thought.

2010 Challenges Met: LOST

6 comments:

Staci said...

I have never watched this show!! I am a loser huh???? Enjoy the final season!

kisatrtle said...

I love your thoughts on the matter. I too posted a recap. It is hard to believe that in a few short months the writers will have answered all of our questions, but you are right, the ride is thrilling! Can't wait till next week!

Nise' said...

Sayid the new Jacob... never thought of that! Love the show.

Elizabeth said...

Ahhh!!! I stopped watching after Season 3 -- I watched all three seasons in, like, two days and then for some reason, never started it up again. And now, every time I watch a commercial I see who is on, who is killed, it makes me crazy because I still think I'm going back to watching it but... so much pressure! I mean, they get off and go back and... I appreciate your frustration. Jacob as Sayid? I REALLY need to get the rest from Netflix!

Irene said...

I thought of the last supper bit as well, and my son pointed out the Christ like Sayeed position when they carried him in, now I thought Lazarus, but ...It is a H... of a ride. I hope the end isn't disappointing.

Nan said...

I just love this show! I'm going to be so sad when it is over, but I know I"ll be watching the entire series from beginning to end once it ends.

I think of the island as a gameboard for Jacob and Man in Black (Evil) with all the people that come across it being the playing pieces. I like your idea of a prison for MIB.

I can't wait for next week!

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving me a comment. I know you may be pressed for time, and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to leave your thoughts.
I enjoy reading all of them. Thanks again and have a great day :)