To leave a comment

To leave a comment, please click on the title of the post to leave or read all comments and replies. Thank you :)

Be sure to scroll down the page today

Be sure to scroll down the page

There are TWO posts today...Sorry about that :)

Monday, May 23, 2011

Today's theme post for Armchair BEA: Who am I and how do I Armchair?


Who are you, and how do you Armchair?

Introduce yourself in a post.  If you specialize in a particular genre, share what it is and why you love it. Also, tell us how you’re doing Armchair BEA - where you are, what you’re excited about, what you hope will happen this week.

I am Jenny, aka Jenny Girl, and I live in Philadelphia, PA.  I am in my late 30s, just recently, am married for quite some time, and I adore books!  I have enjoyed reading since a very early age, and except for when work gets in the way, I am always reading a book.  I have a broad range of reading interests, including classics, and only dabble in YA.  I have had enough of vampires, and am interested in middle grade fiction too, although I am very selective.

I read and review books for a few publishers and I strive to be very selective, because otherwise I will never get to the pile of books I own, or those I would like to read from my TBR.  I also enjoy using the library, and think borrowing books fills my need to buy books.  I hate when I buy a book that is over hyped and it completely sucks!  I love books that transport me to another time or place; that make me forget to go to sleep or get off the train at the next stop.  Books are entertainment and work out my imagination.

My other interests that compete with reading are TV and knitting.  With respect to TV, I love sci-fi and most of the shows you find on cable channels, like AMC, TNT, FX, etc.  The major networks have very few shows that interest me, except for Fringe on Fox.  Also, I am down to two reality shows: Survivor and Amazing Race.  As for knitting, I am always working on something, and have made sweaters, shawls, socks, mittens, etc.  I usually knit while I watch TV.  Sometimes I blog about the shows I watch, but try to reserve that for shows I think may not get enough press.

I have Twitter and Facebook sign ons, but I can't even remember the last time I was on there.  I am not "wired" into social networking, and do not see the need to constantly check something, or chat or text.  There is more to life than my cell phone.  I do however, like to blog and discuss books I have read, or chat about topics that are current with respect to books or current events.  I like chatting about random things too, but I'm not very good at random posts, like other bloggers out there.  Some bloggers just have that knack for coming up with great topics or insights on issues. 

Well that's a little slice of me.  As for the Armchair BEA, I didn't participate last year, so I'm curious to see what this is all about.  Besides meeting new bloggers, I like discovering or learning about new things.  Expanding my horizons and change or consider the way I think.  It's all good!

So that's all from me for now.  Thank you for stopping by and feel free to leave me a link to your intro post.  It's always nice to meet someone new or rediscover someone you haven't seen in a while :)

To meet other Armchair BEA participants, check here.

Thanks for stopping by and nice to meet you!